Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ginger Mahi Mahi

I got this recipe a while back and have not made it in a while but am bringin it back tonight!

1 package Mahi Mahi fillets, thawed and rinsed as package directs
3 Tablespoons Honey
3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
1 teaspoon greated fresh ginger root
1 clove garlic, crushed
4 teaspoons olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preparation:
1. In a shallow glass dish, stir together the honey, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ginger, garlic and 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Add fish; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over Medium Heat. Add fish to skillet. Reserve marinade.
3. Saute' fillets for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork.
4. remove fillets to serving plate and keep warm. Pour reserved marinade into the skillet; heat over Medium heat until the mixture reduces to a glaze consistency, 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Spoon glaze over fish; serve immediately

I think its best served with rice and whatever veggies you like. I actually have never made it with Mahi Mahi (which I love) because I couldn't find it at Wal-Mart. I use frozen tilapia filets instead and it works great. Also trying ground ginger tonight because I am not exactly sure what to do with a fresh ginger root! Before, I always skipped the ginger and it was quite good without it. I might even try baking it all together to spare a little oil. Delicious and healthy! Jeremy is not a fish eater and this is about the only way I have gotten him to eat it. :) Thanks to Wendy.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds great Amy! I use ginger a lot over here in Japan and I love the combination of ginger and soy sauce. I actually made something last night that used the two together :)
    Hope it turns out great.

    ReplyDelete