Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Salsa

This was one of the recipes I made for our little Superbowl party and I think it was the favorite! Very easy and surprisingly fresh! Tastes just like some good Tex-Mex restaurant made it.

Ingredients
3 (10 ounce) cans Ro-Tel, well drained
1/2 white onion, finely diced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon salt
1 jalapeno, chopped and seeded
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

Directions
1.Place the tomatoes, onion, garlic, lime juice, salt, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Blend (pulse) very briefly to desired consistency. If you do not drain and chop everything well before blending, it can become kind of watery.

That is how I made someone else's recipe last night. :) Next time, I think I may add a green onion and 4 ounce can of chopped green chiles. some reviewers suggested using fresh roma tomatoes and I think I will try that when I have more time. But it was still awesome, canned tomatoes or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment